The organ, built by Forster and Andrews of Hull in 1877, is an incredibly fine example of their workmanship and is a beautiful instrument with gilded decoration on the tin front pipes. Of particular historical significance is the fact that there have been no alterations to the organ since it was built apart from the addition of an electric blower. The organ was presented to the church in 1877 by Sir Tatton Sykes and cost £199.00. It replaced the harmonium which had been played by Mrs Jewson. The new organist was Thomas Andrew, a talented musician who later formed the Thixendale Church Choir Brass Band which played for ecclesiastical and secular events; progressing from a Drum and Fife band to a band of some importance with brass instruments and uniforms! At the beginning of his ministry in Thixendale the Reverend Fox established a choir of men and boys and in his diary records that one of the choristers, John Hood aged 11 died from smallpox in January 1872. The Reverend Fox left a bequest in his will to establish The Fox Organ Fund. This was used to launch the organ restoration appeal in 2009. In 2009 the organ was fully restored to its former glory with the help of a lottery grant.